Explore the 2020 Citrus Expo Seminar schedule as the virtual event draws near, scheduled for August 19th and 20th.
The 2020 Citrus Expo is virtual this year, owing to the challenges presented by Covid 19. Slated for August 19th and 20th, the Citrus Expo Seminar schedule has been released. See the details below.
2020 Citrus Expo Seminar Schedule
The expo kicks off at 9:30 a.m., and the sessions are broken into three categories: General Sessions, Citrus Sessions, and Vegetable and Specialty Crop Sessions. Participants who view the sessions when they are “live” are eligible to win one of four gift cards, but videos of the sessions can be viewed after the Citrus Expo. Continuing education units (CEUs) for the Florida restricted-use pesticide license and the Certified Crop Adviser designation will also be available for those viewing the videos.
Highlights from the Citrus Expo Seminar Schedule includes:
- Mexico’s ag exports: Impacts on Florida agriculture, presented by Mike Joyner
- The Florida hemp program is becoming the role model for the country, presented by Holly Bell
- Economics of grove management, Ariel Singerman
- Performance of HLB-affected orange trees under varying macro/micronutrient applications using frequent irrigation, Davie Kadyampakeni
- Soil health for citrus: Considerations and challenges, Sarah Strauss
- Natural compounds to help in the fight against HLB, Lorenzo Rossi
- Reducing psyllids improves tree health even when trees have HLB: IPM approaches, Lukasz Stelinski
- Ready, aim, fire: Do foliar-applied antibiotics reach the target? Christopher Vincent
Vegetable and Specialty Crop Sessions
- Examining soil health for Florida vegetable production, Sarah Strauss
- Cover crops and fumigants for weed control in vegetables, Nathan Boyd
- Vegetable weed management toolbox: Getting the most out of current options and potential new additions, Ramdas Kanissery
- Fumigant alternatives for nematode management in vegetable and specialty crops, Johan Desaeger
See the complete schedule here.
Griffin Fertilizer is committed to helping both growers and ranchers make sound agronomic and economic decisions in order to maximize the health of their grove and pasture. As a full-service custom dry & liquid fertilizer blender and crop protection product distributor, we will continue our mission to further advance Florida agriculture. For questions or concerns about your farm or pasture, contact us and one of our team will be in touch.