Explore the benefits of sap analysis as an emerging technology for getting a deeper insight into what’s going on in your citrus grove.
Sap analysis is an emerging technology for measuring the nutrients in a citrus tree. Called “a blood test for plants” sap analysis can be used for making informed decisions concerning the nutrition and fertilizer for your citrus grove, according to a Growing Produce article. See the benefits of sap analysis below.
Benefits of Sap Analysis
There are many benefits of sap analysis, according to the article. Benefits include:
- “The samples pulled for sap analysis focus on the sap (xylem and phloem) in the vascular system of the petioles, leaves, and/or stems. Traditional tissue samples pull from the nutrients within the leaf tissue, or the historical accumulation of nutrients.”
- “Traditional tissue samples provide a snapshot of the right now in the plant, sap analysis can peek into the inventory of nutrients and provide a forward look at where nutritional elements will be in the days and weeks ahead — four to six weeks in some cases.”
- “You can get a read on up to 23 different essential nutrients and nutritional indicators.”
- “Sap analysis can help you adjust nutrient applications to keep the plants’ nutrition in a state of balance. Report results indicate if elements are deficient, optimum, or excessive.”
- Sap analysis can “show deficiencies of nutrients before they showed visually on the tree.”
Griffin Fertilizer is committed to helping both growers and ranchers make sound agronomic and economic decisions in order to maximize the health of their grove and pasture. As a full-service custom dry & liquid fertilizer blender and crop protection product distributor, we will continue our mission to further advance Florida agriculture. For questions or concerns about your farm or pasture, contact us and one of our team will be in touch.