Do you know someone in citrus who deserves to be recognized? Nominate him or her for the Citrus Achievement Award.
The nomination window is open for the Florida Grower Citrus Achievement Award, and it’s time for those in the Florida citrus industry to nominate their peers for this award. The award, which is in its 20th year, is meant to recognize those who have made a significant impact in the Florida citrus community and beyond. The deadline for nominations is March 24th. See the requirements and nomination details below.
Citrus Achievement Award Details
The award winner can be an individual grower, an allied member, a legislator, a researcher, or anyone who is associated with the Florida citrus industry who “stands out through leadership, innovation, dedication, and active participation.” Nominations are reviewed by a committee made up of past award winners and industry experts, and a winner is chosen.
Candidates need to meet the following requirements to be considered:
- Be actively involved with citrus production as a grower, packer/processor, marketer, supplier, or researcher.
- Have had a measurable impact on the citrus industry within the last three years.
- Be actively involved in one or more citrus industry organizations or associations.
- Have demonstrated commitment to the future of the Florida citrus industry, not withstanding personal gain.
- Be a leader who is recognized and respected by his/her peers in the industry.
Those wanting to nominate a qualified candidate should fill out the nomination form here, at the bottom of the article.
Griffin Fertilizer is committed to helping both growers and ranchers make sound agronomic and economic decisions in order to maximize the health of their grove and pasture. As a full-service custom dry & liquid fertilizer blender and crop protection product distributor, we will continue our mission to further advance Florida agriculture. For questions or concerns about your farm or pasture, contact us and one of our team will be in touch.