Make it to the 2023 UF/IFAS North Central Florida Turfgrass Field Day on October 4th in Citra, Florida.
The UF/IFAS Turf Team is hosting the 2023 UF/IFAS North Central Florida Turfgrass Field Day at the UF/IFAS Plant Science Research and Education Unit in early October. Attendees will “hear about the latest turfgrass research coming out of the UF/IFAS Turfgrass Team” and have the opportunity to earn CEUs. See the details below and reserve your spot.
Details of the Turfgrass Field Day
When: Wednesday, October 4 · 7:30am – 2pm EDT
Field Day Schedule (Subject to minor changes):
7:45 – 8:40 AM Registration and Vendor Time
8:30 AM Opening Remarks
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Field Tours
12:20 PM – 1:20 PM Lunch and Vendor Time
1:30 PM – 3:00 PM Bermudagrass Seminar
Where: UF/IFAS Plant Science Research and Education Unit; 2556 West Hwy 318, Citra, FL 32113
What: “Each year we dedicate a day to invite our industry partners to the Plant Science Research and Education Unit in Citra, FL to share the latest recommendations based on evidence-based research and to give them a glimpse of the new and upcoming research that we are working on currently. Industry sponsors are welcome to reserve a table at the event to share information about their products and services. Event registration includes lunch and an extraordinary networking opportunity.”
Field Tour Topics:
- William Crow- New and upcoming nematode management tools.
- Fernanda Arevalo- Evaluation of Endophytic Nitrogen-Fixing Bacteria to Reduce Fertilizer Needs in Warm-Season Turfgrasses.
- Wade Davidson- Seeking a Treatment Rotation to Avoid Pesticide Resistance in Nematodes.
- Marco Schiavon Evaluation of different aerification methods for bermudagrass greens.
- Alejandra Sierra-Optimal management practices for CitraBlue St. Augustinegrass.
- Phil Harmon-Fungicide Efficacy Field Trials for Florida Turfgrass.
- Kevin Kenworthy-Breeding zoysiagrass for improved drought responses and reducing irrigation needs.
- Pawel Petelewicz- Postemergence herbicides for the control of spotted spurge in bermudagrass turf.
- Mikerly Joseph-Strategies for the postemergence control of goosegrass.
- Katarzyna ‘Kate’ Gawron- Postemergence herbicides for the control of tropical signalgrass in bermudagrass turf.
- Patrick McLoughlin- Fertilizer Management when using Reclaim Effluent water for Irrigation.
- Bernie Mach- Managing insect pests on wildlife friendly ornamentals.
- Vashti Tatman- Frogfruit as a turfgrass alternative for insect conservation.
- Dr. Adam Dale- Management of key insect pests on golf course turf.
- Dr. AJ Lindsey- Management practices for St. Augustinegrass.
- John Reilly- Field metrics and plant health of putting greens.
- Dr. Brian Schwartz- Introducing Tif3d bermudagrass for putting greens.
Griffin Fertilizer is committed to helping both growers and ranchers make sound agronomic and economic decisions in order to maximize the health of their grove and pasture. As a full-service custom dry & liquid fertilizer blender and crop protection product distributor, we will continue our mission to further advance Florida agriculture. For questions -or concerns about your farm or pasture, contact us and one of our team will be in touch.