Join the Existing Tree Therapies Program, offered through The Citrus Research and Field Trial (CRAFT) Foundation.
The Citrus Research and Field Trial (CRAFT) Foundation is accepting applications for the Existing Tree Therapies Program. Participants will be testing the latest tree therapies in their groves. Applications are being accepted through April 30th. See the details below.
Details of the Existing Tree Therapies Program
According to the CRAFT website, the CRAFT Existing Tree Therapies Rules for Participation are:
- “Proposed treated grove blocks must be at least 10 contiguous acres and maximum of 100 acres. For smaller growers, less than 10 acres will be considered on a case-by-case basis. All citrus production regions of Florida are eligible. Entities may have multiple approved projects but may not exceed 500 acres cumulative.
- Projects must be completed on existing plantings.
- Proposed treated grove blocks may not be currently enrolled in any other cycle of CRAFT.
- Participants will develop plans to compare one or a series of eligible treatments to the grower standard (without therapeutic treatment) on each site approved. Adjacent paired blocks may be proposed to serve as grower standard. Grower standard (control) must be a minimum of 10 trees.
- Test Factors for Grower Selection include but are not limited to:
- Giberellic Acid
- Direct systemic injection of approved antimicrobials (oxytetracycline)
- Other HLB therapies may be suggested by applicant and will be reviewed by the CRAFT Board of Directors for relevance prior to final selection of applications to be approved for the Program.
- Grower must begin approved therapy/treatment no earlier than January 1, 2023 and no later than December 31, 2023.
- Growers must provide prior three years’ historical production data including fruit yield and quality upon contract with CRAFT.
- Annually, for a period of at least three years, growers are required to enter certain information related to treatment/therapy being used on the project.
- Grower Participants will receive annual participation payments throughout the course of the three-year agreement in exchange for application of treatment and data entry.”
Go here to apply: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/a9a7b5e14bee4000a59591c5f3d4fb4f
Griffin Fertilizer is committed to helping both growers and ranchers make sound agronomic and economic decisions in order to maximize the health of their grove and pasture. As a full-service custom dry & liquid fertilizer blender and crop protection product distributor, we will continue our mission to further advance Florida agriculture. For questions or concerns about your farm or pasture, contact us and one of our team will be in touch.