See the Florida Citrus land sale numbers shared at the annual Lay of the Land Conference hosted by Saunders Ralston Dantzler Real Estate.
The end of February saw the annual Lay of the Land Conference hosted by Saunders Ralston Dantzler Real Estate. This annual event brings together landowners, policymakers, investors and other industry affiliates to look at the latest data concerning the Florida land market, including Florida citrus land sale numbers. Explore the stats shared concerning citrus land from a Citrus Industry article below.
The Details of Florida Citrus Land Numbers
While many feel that Florida citrus is on an upswing, the conference’s company founder, Dean Saunders, shared that Florida’s current citrus acreage is about half of what it was before the arrival of citrus greening, and that 300 boxes an acre would not have been considered a good production level 20 years ago. While the Florida citrus industry has a way to go in terms of recovery, the following data points were shared at the conference:
For Polk, DeSoto, Hardee, Hillsborough, Okeechobee, Manatee, Highlands, Lake, Collier and Hendry counties:
- “Grove sale sizes…ranged from 5 to 1,500 net tree acres.”
- “The average size of grove sales was 69 net tree acres with a midpoint of 30 acres.”
- “Approximately 5,731 gross acres and 4,666 net tree acres were included in 68 selected 2019 sales totaling $48 million.”
- “The net tree citrus acres had a price range of $3,532 to $15,464 per acre.”
- “For all sales, the 2019 price per net tree acre is approximately 31 percent higher and the price per gross tree acre is 23 percent higher than in 2018,” which is higher mostly due to a large Hendry County sale.
Griffin Fertilizer is committed to helping both growers and ranchers make sound agronomic and economic decisions in order to maximize the health of their grove and pasture. As a full-service custom dry & liquid fertilizer blender and crop protection product distributor, we will continue our mission to further advance Florida agriculture. For questions or concerns about your farm or pasture, contact us and one of our team will be in touch.