UF/IFAS Extension is hosting a vegetable growers meeting on July 11th via Zoom with informational presentations from specialists.
The University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) Extension is hosting a vegetable growers meeting on Monday, July 11th via Zoom from noon to 2 p.m. and encouraging South Florida vegetable growers to attend. This free event includes presentations from UF/IFAS specialists on fumigants and systemics for pest and disease management in vegetable crops, and attendees can earn CEUs and CCAs. See the details of the event below.
Details of the UF/IFAS-Hosted Vegetable Growers Meeting
The vegetable growers meeting will be held over Zoom; it is a free event, but you must register to get the Zoom link to join in and watch the presentations. Find the registration link here. The lineup of specialist presentations for the UF/IFAS-hosted vegetable growers meeting include:
- Josh Freeman, UF/IFAS NFREC. Presentation: A systems approach to managing soilborne pests.
- Nathan Boyd, UF/IFAS GCREC. Presentation: The effects of fallow period treatments and repeated fumigation on weed populations.
- Sarah Strauss, UF/IFAS SWFREC. Presentation: How fumigants impact soil microbial communities.
- Johan Desaeger, UF/IFAS GCREC. Presentation: Nematode management without fumigants.
- Xavier Martini, UF/IFAS NFREC. Presentation: Systemics for insect management.
- Mathews Paret, UF/IFAS NFREC. Presentation: Systemics for disease management.
Attendees can also earn 2 CEUs and CCAs for attending this program. Those needing additional information can contact Craig Frey, Southwest Florida commercial vegetable agent, at email@example.com.
Griffin Fertilizer is committed to helping both growers and ranchers make sound agronomic and economic decisions in order to maximize the health of their grove and pasture. As a full-service custom dry & liquid fertilizer blender and crop protection product distributor, we will continue our mission to further advance Florida agriculture. For questions or concerns about your farm or pasture, contact us and one of our team will be in touch.